- Bread crumbs to scatter on the bottom
- 2 cups sausage crumbles or sausage/bacon mix or ham or similar (or reduce – I like a lot of meat and the original called for 1c)
- 8oz shredded cheese of choice (it said Swiss, I did cheddar, plus topped with more parmesan)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- They said 10-inch quich dish or pie plate; I did 8×8 baking pan
- Preheat 425.
- Butter or spray your dish; sprinkle with bread crumbs
- Put meat on the bottom of pan.
- Layer on your cheese
- Whisk together eggs, cream, milk and pour over the cheese layer.
- Bake until top is golden and custard is set in center. Original said 20 to 25 minutes but with a smaller thicker dish likely needs a lot longer, like 40-50.