Modified from https://flavorwalk.com/no-bake-oreo-cheesecake-recipe/
- 32 oz cream cheese
- 3 packages GF Oreo (aka chocolate sandwich cookies, any brand works)
- 1 package (8oz) cool whip
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
(We only had 24oz of cream cheese so did a modified version with 24oz cream cheese, a little less than 3/4c sugar, but same about of cool whip and everything else and it tasted great. Also, cookie amounts are arbitrary.)
- Put cookies in a large ziploc bag and use rolling pin or heavy jar to help crush the cookies. (Chunks are fine for a chunky crust and topping, unless you prefer a really fine crust)
- Melt the butter and mix it and about half the cookie crumbs in a bowl. Spread into a 9×13 pan.
- Mix cream cheese, vanilla, sugar with a mixer. Add in cool whip, and half of remaining cookies.
- Spread mixture on top of cookie crust.
- Sprinkle with remaining cookie chunks.
- Chill for 4 hours.