Note: for people who aren’t as fond of egg based dishes, this is a decent alternative, the ratio of other filling and puff pastry makes the egg texture and taste pretty minimal compared to traditional quiche or egg casseroles.
- Gluten free puff pastry. (I’ve used schar and gfree brand. Original recipe called for 1.5 sheets and I just used 2 sheets since I wouldn’t have any recipe for a remaining 1/2 sheet)
- 1.5 cup shredded cheese (I used cheddar, and added a sprinkle of mozzarella)
- 1+ cup ham
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray 9×13 or similar pan.
- Lay out puff pastry sheets so the edges stick out of the pan on the ends. Fold up the inside edges so they stick up the pan (to later fold over the filling). keep an overlap between the two sheets and press it to seal it.
- Sprinkle most of the cheese on the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle ham
- Sprinkle remaining cheese
- Mix your eggs (I did 4 since I used 2 puff pastry sheets) and heavy cream (1/2 cup ish, ditto) together.
- Save a bit of the egg mixture, but pour the egg mixture evenly on top of ham and cheese. Tilt pan if needed to spread egg mixture to the edges. Mine didn’t look like it covered everything (because more puff pastry, bigger pan, not enough mixture, etc) and still turned out great.
- Fold the edges over the mixture along all 4 sides.
- Use remaining egg mixture and brush or spread it on the top crust.
- bake 35-40m (35 worked) until puff pastry is light brown.